|Job title||Senior Risk Management Advisor|
|Reports to||Head of Risk and Assurance|
Support the Head of Risk and Assurance to embed risk management practices across EPL.
Be the business enabler to facilitate risk management practices, including the continuous uplifting of risk management maturity, and support the tactical and operational risk management and reporting. Ensures EPL’s risk management practice is aligned with ISO31000 and meets EPL’s desired maturity setting under the GERMAF maturity measurement framework.
Support GERMAF uplift and risk management framework implementation.
- Be the ‘in-house’ risk expert to support tactical and operational risk management across the first- and second-line risk management practitioners, including reporting progress across EPL.
- Implement the risk management policy and framework using various tools, including workshops, to uplift and risk management awareness and practices across the organisation.
- Report to the Head of Risk and Assurance on risk management activities.
- Uplift risk management maturity across EPL.
- Have clear and open risk communication across the organisation and escalate informed enterprise risk activities to the company leadership team.
- Develop and maintain an annual risk management plan.
Relationships and customers
- CEO & Board
- Senior leadership team
- Employees of Education Payroll Limited
- Industry bodies
- Third party providers
- Ministry of Education
Experience and knowledge
To be successful in this position you will need:
- minimum of three years of risk management practice experience
- understanding of the EPL business, goals, strategies, priorities
- understanding of the education/ payroll ecosystem
- able to work as a business partner and build trusting relationships with the business and risk functions
- collaborative and inclusive work approach
- courage to challenges thinking for a moderated view of risks, and willing to escalate emerging risks with severe consequences for management attention
- leadership and influencing skills
- sound risk management knowledge and experienced applied in commercial and operational decision-making settings within a public sector context and complex ecosystem
- good understanding, knowledge, and experience of the ISO31000 risk management framework and in leading organisational risk management
- knowledge and experience in developing annual risk management plan
- experienced in facilitating workshops and lead progress to uplift risk literacy, provide advice to improve operational risk management practices and clearly communicate to all levels of the business what the GERMAF maturity measure uplift means for them
- experience in training staff at all levels to uplift risk competency, capability, and risk literacy.
- Knowledge of the ISO31000 risk framework.
- Understands and can conduct risk maturity assessment using the GERMAF issued by GCDO.
- Can facilitate risk discussions and training.
- An independent and courageous leader who is not drawn to ‘groupthink’.
- Strong communicator and relationship builder.
- Can implement a risk management framework.
- Can facilitate and hold strategic risk discussion with senior leaders and external providers.
- Can prepare quality reports to leaders and governance on risk reporting, including the progress of organisational risk maturity uplift against the GERMAF criteria.
Leadership framework and EPL values
Our leadership framework outlines the expectations we have of all our people to lead themselves. It sets out additional expectations for those who lead others and lead EPL. The foundation of this model is our EPL values.
If you have questions about this role email email@example.com and we will be able to get you talking to the right people.